Etsy made an exciting announcement this morning… they are now offering their own mobile credit card reader! This is great news for anyone who does a lot of craft fairs, especially since the holidays are right around the corner. Here is all of the information in a nutshell:
- U.S. sellers are able to request an Etsy mobile credit card reader for free starting today. The card swiper will work on iOS and Android devices.
- A customer can now purchase an item from your Etsy shop in person! This means that when a customer purchases an item from you at a craft fair (or anywhere else for that matter) the sale will reflect in your Etsy shop.
- Sold items are automatically taken out of your Etsy shop like any other ‘sold out’ item. You no longer need to take down sold items once you sell them in person.
- The card reader will charge you a competitive fee of 2.75% for each credit card swipe. The regular 3.5% Etsy transaction fee does not apply.
- A receipt can be emailed to the buyer and it will include photos of other items in your shop to help prompt repeat purposes. This also reminds the buyer where they purchased the item and encourages them to visit your online shop.
If you’re interested in ordering a free card reader make sure to do it soon. I do not know if there is a limited supply of them, but my bet is that they will go fast. Go HERE to order your own free card reader. You can read the full Etsy announcement on their blog here.